Why is my 2 year old acting like this?

Seriously. My 2 year old is almost 3. She used to go to bed on time, used to listen, was a good girl. I dont know if its something I'm doing wrong or if its normal, but she has been so defiant, wont listen, and repeatedly does the same bad things that she gets in trouble for over and over again. Its like shes not learning. I have tried different approaches like talking and explaining nicely, then firmly, then giving a popping if its something really bad. Nothing works. I guess the real question is, is her behavior normal?

snoober_k

Asked by snoober_k at 5:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Very. They call it the terrible twos. I think they are just getting more independent and feel that they should "decide" what to do not you. lol My bella is acting the same way. Soon enough this stage will have passed without you knowing it because some newer more annoying one will be in it's place! lol
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. My son has reached this problem at 3 years old. He wants to be in control right now for some reason, and we just have to keep being consistent. Time Out used to work for us pretty well, but these days we've started taking away things he likes like TV or playing with his cars. Repitition is key with toddlers. If you have to keep telling her the same thing over and over and giving her punishment after punishment, don't let up! Have you ever watched Super Nanny? Very informative!!!!!!
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I have been told by many mothers that the 3's are worse than the 2's. Not what I am looking forward to at all.
    Tigger9406

Answer by Tigger9406 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Absolutely normal. She's testing boundaries and limits and looking for consistency from you. I've also heard the threes are worse than the twos so brace yourself!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• If the threes are worse than the twos I quit now! Give me my severance pay and I'll leave it alone!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 5:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009