Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support

Ok, so my son's father has only seen him three times in his 15 month life and i was just wondering if i go after him for child support, will he be able to see him. I live in arkansas and can't find anything on the net about it. I don't want him to see him and if he will be able to i just won't go after him for it.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (6)
  • Yes. If you go after him for child support, he has every right to file for visitation. IF you can prove that he is an unfit father and is a danger to your childs mental or physical needs, then he won't get visitation, but will be ordered to pay child support.

    Answer by crdc91506 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

  • i was going to say basically the same as above.....i am in the same exact position with my 18 month old son.....only his dad is in prison but if he was out i know he wouldnt wanna see my son but i always wondered what about if in like ten years he decides he wants to be a daddy???? i dont find it right that he gets to choose when he wants to be in his life and i have to be here for the rest of his life...(not that i dont want to cuz i love my son more then life itself)....

    Answer by mamiofmixed at 8:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

  • no just because you take him for child support doesnt mean that he can visit if you dont want him to. It is still his child and he is responsible for supporting him.

    Answer by stephmiester87 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

  • It's up to FOC if he can see ur child or not. My ex husband is not allowed to see my children and still has to pay child support. It all depends on the circumstances.

    Answer by rugratsmommy4 at 1:36 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

  • Well I already filed my babys father for child support and he still doesn't bother to see her or anything. It depends if you want him to the see the child or not like you can get a restraining order so he can't or he can just get visistation. Just hope that he doesn't want custoday of the child either.

    Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

  • Child support and visitation are both completely seperate things. He has to take you to court to get visitation if you are the custodial parent (which I assume you are) and it has nothing to do with child support. Getting visitation rights does not mean you pay child support and paying child support does not mean that you get visitation. Good luck!

    Answer by paganpiratemama at 4:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.