Have you had a non-scale victory recently?

I joined the gym in late March. In the first few weeks, I lost 4 lbs but then I started doing weights and I gained 3 lbs. back. I wished I had of measured myself at the beginning but I didn't. I have been working out hard and changing what I eat and while I have felt better, I just wished there was a way to know I was getting better.

Today, I went on a hike with the Trail Dames. I have been hiking for a year but only get to hike about once a month or so with a group. I am normally in the back of the group and I had to take frequent rest and water breaks. Today, however, I was in the front of the group near the hike leader. We got to the top and she told me that we only have a little over a mile left. I said "Really? It seems like we just started the hike and I haven't really felt like I have gone on a hike". We stopped and she told me to look down and pointed out that there was a 900 ft. elevation change that we just did.

i rock

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:49 PM on May. 19, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• i put on a pair of capris today that i have not worn in a while. last time i wore them they were tight, now they have baggy areas.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:33 PM on May. 19, 2012

• Cool! My husband and I got our red recommended belts in taekwondo. We'll be testing for our black belts in December. I can't believe we've stuck with it this long.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:54 PM on May. 19, 2012