So i cant eat Tuna?

Wait.. I cant eat tuna? Really? When i was pregnant with my first baby, i ate it nearly every day X__X
What is it that is wrong with it? How often can i eat it?

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 5:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The mercury in Tuna is what is bad. I've heard regular tuna is okay to eat once a week (could be twice but I know that it's not more than that). It's the Albacore Tuna you want to steer clear of because it has the highest mercury content.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think they say it has mercury or something in it. I'm not sure. I also ate it when i was pregnant. Not a lot, but i would whip up a bowl on weekends for quick sandwhiches. And now i am seriously craving tuna. Oh, and my daughter is fine.
    Anonymous

• yeah its cuz of the mercury that can be found in fish but its ok to eat tuna a couple of times a week. mercury has been said to slow the brain growth or somthing of that nature. there are way higher mercury levels in swordfish and sometimes in raw fish so those are the real dangers.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 6:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You can eat canned tuna, not pouched tuna. And in moderation- not everyday.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think they say you can have 4-6oz every week, any more then that is too much mercury.
    MattysWoWMoM

Answer by MattysWoWMoM at 7:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009