My glucose is high and on my 3months of pregnancy. Will I have to worry any birth defect?

jazmyn

Asked by jazmyn at 5:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine was well over 170 at 3 months so i did the 3 hr test and i was fine. i was fine at my 28 weeks one too so dont worry too much yet. and it could just mean you would have a larger baby.
    metallicakh39

Answer by metallicakh39 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Mine was high with both of my babies. Your Dr will tell you if you need to go on a special diet. But if you do go on that diet, remember that it helps protect you and your baby from the problems that come with gestational diabetes.

You should be just fine b/c you have prenatal care ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It depends. Maybe. Maybe not. It is sort of a grab bag. I watched a thing earlier about this woman that was in labor at 28 weeks with preeclampsia. diabetes and kidney failure....oddly enough they did a c-section and her and the baby were relatively ok.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2009