if u were induced...

how far in advance did your doctor schedule ur induction date and how was it decided? im 34 weeks...was in the hospital last week ...again...and got my steroid shots and they said bc of my extreme gall bladder pain, they would induce at 36 to 37 weeks. i asked if at my appt next week they would schedule it and the dr said they could. im just afraid they wont for some reason.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my last baby we had a planned induction. They told me they would induce at 39 weeks. They scheduled me for it at 38 weeks.

Answer by gemgem at 6:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I was scheduled for my induction the following day after they decided to do so. If they don't go ahead with it just remind them. There is nothing wrong with pushing for what you need or want.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• im just afraid the steroid shots wont work or 37 weeks is too early and shell have to stay. im so paranoid lol. i also hate the idea that its not the day she wants to come into this world and i feel like a horrible mom for not being able to deal with the pain for her.
    Anonymous

• I am a L/D nurse and we have inductions scheduled up until the day before, Just call your doctor's office and ask them what date your induction is scheduled for. They usually want to wait to do it after 36 wks to give the babies lungs to develop.
    Connorsmom128

Answer by Connorsmom128 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• im afraid at my appt theyll tell me to wait or something. but ive been in the hospital 4 times in the past two months...once for a week straight...and given 4 diff types of pain meds and nothing is working.. im always in pain. 37 weeks with steroid shots is okay right?
    Anonymous

• My doc believes in low stress birthing situations, IE in order to avoid the mad dash to the hospital and the possibility that he won't be the doc on call (a stranger deliver my baby ?) he scheduled me at 38 weeks for the 39th week. so both times at my weekly appt he'd say, how's next wednesday at 8 sound?? and I'd pack my bag on Tuesday and be totally ready and show up wednesday. Epidural and pitocin put in at the same time so i felt nothin until it was time to push... it was great
    I have compared my birthing experiences to a two day hotel visit from which i take home a new baby.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I should add that my doc delivered not only my two babies but also my 8 year old sister and my 15 year old brother. He will also be delivering my current pregnancy- however he now has hosptial duty on tuesday and wednesday so it may not be wed. at 8...lol
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2009