how can i get my 6 month old twins to sleep all night long?

they sleep in the same crib because theres not enough room for a extra crib

apackard

Asked by apackard at 6:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Awe i have a 7 month that still doesn't, i would like to know too, how to get him to sleep all night
    Anonymous

• I don't remember where I saw it, but I think they make crib dividers. Basically, it's a piece of foam that goes across. This could help keep them from waking each other up by contact. The pediatrician told me that sleeping through the night around that age was only 5 hours!?!?! Hard to remember now how long my twins slept at 6 months, but it wasn't much more than that....maybe 6.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• simple wait till they are a year old most babies dont start sleeping through the night till they are a year old
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• If you think the problem is that they are waking one another you might need to figure out a way to separate them. There are smaller cribs, like the ones often used in daycares, that don't take up as much room as a full size, or maybe you could put a pack & play somewhere in your home for one of them to sleep in. If being together isn't the problem then you could try feeding a little extra before bedtime and making sure naps are not too late or too long. Some babies aren't quite ready to sleep throughthe night at 6 months, so it could just take a little more time to get there. Good luck.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I also agree with halfpint - sleeping through the night may not be as long as you expect. If you're getting 5 or more hours in one stretch then you're doing pretty well. It does get better!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009