when will he be ready?

i have a 12 month son. i dont know when to let him sleep in a regular bed than in a crib. when should he?

SpiderMama123

Asked by SpiderMama123 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd say don't rush it. Until they can climb out, the crib is the safest place to have them. Once they are out of the crib you really have to worry about what they'll get into if they wake up before you.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It depends really on when he's ready. My son jumped out of his crib when he was 20 months and I gave it away that same day. But my daughter got a pretty little doll house bed when she was 13 months old. Each kid is different. Good Luck!
    Peacefully

Answer by Peacefully at 6:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would leave him in the crib until he is too big or can climb out.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• When you're ready to put him in a bed, put him in one. Keep in mind that most have height limits, so be mindful of that.

We put ours in beds at 15 months. They were almost at the height limit (ours was 35 inches) and I didn't want to chance them trying to climb out and breaking a leg (I have a cousin who did that...on her first attempt out)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2009