The media and Obama. Is it love or hate? I am confused.

Before the election is was all peaches and cream. It was rare to hear anything negative in the liberal media. Now a good portion of what I am hearing is negative and they sound worried. There are still some good things too, but I was listening to CNN just a minute ago and had to double check that it was still CNN b/c it sounded like a bunch of republicans talking about Obama.

I just dont get why such a drastic swing anybody have any ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It makes great news and that's how they make money.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It still is a love fest! BUT, CNN has discovered a "middle ground" in reporting some of Obama's "shortcomings!" I find this hysterical, since CNN used to be referred to as the Clinton News Network.
    And what's wrong with the way Republican's speak?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Good point kem. I kinda feel like they are hanging him out to dry.

They had such impossible expectations of him, and now he cant deliver all they had planned on, so their going to bash him.

Anonymous

• Oh, I am republican. I just mean they are talking about him negativly. lol
    Anonymous

• Because he is now in office and capable of implementing changes. Some people agree and others do not. It is easy to wax philosophical before facts can sink in. If he doesn't do exactly what people want for him to do they bad mouth.

micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Its really simple. The media is a double edged sword. Now we have McCain which would have brought many of the same stories in the past 8 yrs. We had Clinton which we know they have been played then some. Then they had Obama. Of course they loved him they could build him up and then tear him down with atleast 4 yrs of new stories, maybe 8. The media is never to be trusted because they will turn on you like a pack of rabies infested wolves if it means better ratings. So we have Obama, he has no where to go but down after the love fest we saw during the election time. Of course theyre gonna tear him apart. Its what they do.

Answer by gemgem at 6:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• The media slobbering over Obama was initially bias, it then became media activism to get him elected. It will soon be a case to watch of biting the hand that feeds you, the media created him they can destroy him. He asked for it, he is going to get it. I see he is getting it pretty good today from CNN, and that used to be called the Obamachannel. I watch CNN more than Fox now, because they are bashing Obama more.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I agree akinbottom2. It's sad the left wing media used him so they could get what they wanted.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I almost feel sorry for him. And I voted for McCain. But they did the same thing to Bush.

I know they need to be accountable but he has barely finished his oath of office and they've already cruxified him.
    Anonymous

• It depends on what happen that day.....
    Anonymous