Hi Moms! What do you do about cab rides with babies here in NYC?

My 7 month old as outgrown his infant carrier, so I am looking for a carseat that is somewhat portable to be popping in and out of cabs with. Anyone have any suggestions? Yes, I know the NYC taxi commission is exempt from safety seat laws, but I'm too afraid to ride without one! Thanks so much.

Emily603

Asked by Emily603 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have no idea, but I have wondered what people do in those situations.

Proud to see a mom who is concerned and willing to drag one around. ;) Especially with those crazy cab drivers. lol
    Anonymous

• THere is a portable car seat on wheels that is designed for travel. I don't know too much about it but try to search for it.

try here: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&search-alias=baby-products&field-keywords=airplane%20car%20seat&page=1
    Anonymous

• There are now some infant seats that hold up to 30 lbs. Although, how long would that really last you.... I'd ask about this in one of the car seat groups. I'm sure someone there would be able to help.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009