Should Transgenders be allowed/denied on here?

Ok,
There has been issues with fake profiles which are in the end men.
So,should a guy that is wanting to be a girl be allowed here?
Such denial is that right or wrong?
Than for those that once were females but decide to be men should they be kicked out.
I feel where do we draw the line on a site like this?
Your thoughts.
This is not about sexual preferance,your beliefs(religious or otherwise) but rules to this site.
Which is for females,moms and moms to be,surrogacy,adoption & so on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Allowed, period. Many transgendered women (born male, now female) are LEGALLY women. CafeMom would be opening a legal nightmare if they denied transgendered women based solely on the fact that they are transgendered. It is called discrimination. Besides, not all transgendered women put the title "transgendered" on themselves, so unless CafeMom is going to ask for a pic of our genitals when we apply it is going to be prett hard for them to tell who is bio and who is transgendered.

I would hope that CafeMom would take the high ground on this one and accept them just as they are!

On a side not, the reason I ALWAYS post anon on this subject is because of remarks like MommaBear1129. I am not transgendered but I am dating a transgendered man (only known him as a man), would he be accepted on CafeMom because he was born a female and is a parent? Do you see how the waters get muddy?
    Anonymous

• I hear transgender and think of the people born with both...that's not their fault and if they chose to be female then sure.

I don't think a man that wants to be a woman should be on a site for moms. I don't care how many procedures someone's had done. If you're born a guy--you're still a guy. You will never get rid of that Y chromosome.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• true transgenders have to go through alot to get that label and qualify for the surgery, its a true medical issue and not something they choose. However depending on the sex they do choose to have, lets say a man has surgery and becomes a woman they still woud not be able to have children. So no, they shouldnt be allowed on this site unless they are parents or plan to be through adoption or whatever.

Answer by gemgem at 6:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• THEY SHOULD BE DENIED... ITS NASTY... THATS MY OPINION.. EWWW.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i think that it should not matter what you are as long as you are a parent i mean why would anyone want to try and deny that someone that is a man or trans gender cant be a good parent because they can oh well so there may be a mister mom or someone else who wants to talk or have advice i say welcome
    tired703

Answer by tired703 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• If that is the case tired703,than straight men should be allowed and they are not.
    I feel it's a fine line since some are single fathers that may need the input of a female or other mothers but can't since they are men.
    So,why should this be excempt or allowed,that is not fair either.
    Anonymous

• No one is saying males aren't good parents....
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Reneek3 ,
    I think your talking about: Hermaphadites.
    Totally different in a sense than transgenders.
    Anonymous

• It is not breasts or a vagina that make you a woman - it is what is INSIDE.

However, this site is not CafeWoman, it is CafeMom.

I would completely welcome a transgendered mother - bio or step or adoptive.

However I'm not sure I understand why ANYONE who is not a parent would want to hang with a bunch of mommas....so that would be my problem.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I guess that Cafemom should be about women who are mothers, Not a man who wants to be a woman wanting children. I am with the woman about the chromosomes and genes. You are what you are regaurdless of the equipment.

A hermaphrodite is different because they can not choose their gender, only how they appear in life to others. a hermaphrodite can have children and there for could be on cafemom.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 9:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2009