Welcome baby home party

Well my baby didn't get a baby shower and I want to do something. Is it ok to throw my daughters welcome home baby party? Also she's 3 months is it too late? Should i have games? what kind of food? Any advice is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that's a wonderful idea! Maybe some baby sized mini foods and refreshments? Also, you could pass around a journal and have everyone write their best wishes and life advice for the baby in their years to come. It could be something really special for your child to look at when they are all grown up.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 7:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Awww, how come you didn't have baby shower? it's never too late to do anything, that'd be nice. just throw a welcome party, not baby shower, so no game. Ummm as for food, it really depends with your budget and what you know how to cook. I'd say spaghetti, hot dogs, chips, salad cake...something like that.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 6:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I've heard it called "Meet the Baby". It's not really a party...but more of a gathering thing. Just have some simple foods, no games, maybe a cake or other dessert.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• What ever the reason, it is a great idea, everyone should have a baby shower. My friend went four months early, so she did n't make it to hers, and we had a meet the baby party after the baby was born. We did a tea, with cucumber sandwiches and stuff, it was different and fun. Brunch is always fun too. We tried to guess the baby's weight and length as of that day, no other games.
    rabbate

Answer by rabbate at 7:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• its never too late!! We had a 1/2 birthday party for my daughter cuz I wanted to do a coming home party and we never had the energy or time to plan it.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009