I don't know how much is too much

we got the wii active 2 and me and the younger two girls have been using it. yesterday we did it in the morning then at night and today we did it in the morning and i'm planning on doing it again tonight. i've been trying to keep it at nine things we at a time, we're only working out about 20 minutes at a time.
this is my first time including the kids, they started in when i started.
is this too much for them or is it alright?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 1:34 PM on May. 20, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• 20-30 minutes 1-2 times a day... no problem. Gatorade is crap!!! Stay away from it during a workout!! All the sugar actually hinders your bodies uptake of the fluids... drink it after a work out or an hour before and ALWAYS cut it in half with equal parts water!! As a sports medicine professional I can't stress that enough!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:49 PM on May. 20, 2012

• kids can go and go! Gatorade is nasty though- just drink plain water ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:50 PM on May. 20, 2012

• If they're tired, let them quit. Otherwise it's not too much whatsoever. Let them determine how long they do it. 20 minutes shouldn't be too long for any kid.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:37 PM on May. 20, 2012

• is this too much?

think of it this way- would you take the kids out to play for an hour?
    all you have done is allow them to play in front of the Wii as opposed to outside- relax they'll be fine :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:11 PM on May. 20, 2012

• I don't care if it's the powder or not... it's terrible to drink during a work out!! I will NOT let any of my teams drink it on the sidelines at all. It's crap... all sugar and totally unnecessary if you are eating a balance diet. Water is best... period!!

Tea contains caffeine & Tannins.... Caffeine is a diuretic and can dehydrate you, defiantly wicks fluid from your system. Tannins can inhibit the absorption of iron.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:41 PM on May. 20, 2012

• you should only drink water to replenish during exercise...

I don't think that that's too much time for a kid to play wii fit.
    LoveNLollipops

Answer by LoveNLollipops at 11:43 AM on May. 24, 2012

• Start in a begginer time
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:14 PM on May. 20, 2012

• so far they have been fine. my youngest loves the mountainboarder and the hip curves, she wants me to spend the whole 20 minutes just on those two. LOL we make sure that we have either water or gatoraide on hand for when we need it too.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on May. 20, 2012

• i get the powder so i can mix it myself. how does tea affect the body? i'm a tea drinker (10-15 cups a day) does that hurt the body too or is it ok? i normally drink it after the workout not during.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 10:02 PM on May. 20, 2012