If I measured small, is there something wrong?

Today at my doctors appointment they measured my belly. I measured at 31 weeks, but I'm currently 35 1/2 weeks. Should I be worried or is the baby smaller?

CCloud6

Asked by CCloud6 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if u should be worried your ob would tell you
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 6:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Have you had an ultrasound lately to estimate the size of your baby? Everything is most likely just fine, but it would be nice to have an ultrasound and make sure the baby is growing nicely.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It's probably fine, but you can request another ultrasound if you are really worried.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 7:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• DId you talk to your OB? I think you are fine or your OB would be telling you something.
    DanyielJ

Answer by DanyielJ at 7:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Is this the 1st time you have measured small? If so, it is probably a fluke and the baby was just in an odd position or you were dehydrated so your fluid was low. If it has consistently been small, then I might worry. Did the dr. mention being concerned?
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i measuered 31 at 30 weeks and then 31.5 at 33 weeks and didnt gain any weight so they did an ultrasound and the baby is measuring 6 days smaller than what i was but they said thats normal.
    metallicakh39

Answer by metallicakh39 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• the same thing happened to me with my 2nd baby. i measured at 30 wks and i was 32. they ordered an ultra sound to be safe..my daughter was simply laying sideways.. it could be something as small as that. i wouldnt be too concerned if your dr. wasnt.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Your Baby Could Have Been In A Weird Position. Unless Your Dr Was Worried I Wouldn't Be. If You Are Still Worried Ask For An Ultrasound To Double Check.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 3:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2009