When and how to tell after BFP

I tested a few days ago and i finally received my BFP. I told my husband and made my ob appointment. but when would be the right time to tell my family and how should i tell them

fluffball8812

Asked by fluffball8812 at 3:53 PM on May. 20, 2012 in Pregnancy

• most people prefer to wait until after the first trimester.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:55 PM on May. 20, 2012

• BFP?

After the ob appt. You just say "We are expecting."
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:57 PM on May. 20, 2012

• After the first trimester would be great and if you have a very open minded family thats full of fun i would write on a small piece of paper(like four) and say "I am pregnant" buy some balloons put the paper on the inside,blow the balloon up,put a string on it and let them pop the balloon and read it or if your family is the opposite i would just show them the ultrasoundor the pictres of the difference in tummy growth! Goodluck!!
    Shantina

Answer by Shantina at 4:03 PM on May. 20, 2012

• we found out we were expecting again a couple of weeks ago. My husband took a pic of the test and posted on facebook,
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 4:29 PM on May. 20, 2012

• If you don't have any kids, get your Mom a t shirt that says "Grandma". If you have kids have your son or daughter wear a shirt that says "I'm the big brother (sister)"

Maybe take an ultra sound pic and blow it up to 8x10. Get your fam together and tell them you have something to show them. Then hold up the pic.
    xXMarlyeXx

Answer by xXMarlyeXx at 4:30 PM on May. 20, 2012

• NOW
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 10:05 PM on May. 24, 2012