Should I have birth plan for a planned c-section?

This is baby number two for us and i've had a c-section with our 1st

Goodniteandgo

Asked by Goodniteandgo at 5:05 PM on May. 20, 2012 in Pregnancy

• YES
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 10:04 PM on May. 24, 2012

• I don't have a birth plan, and I have a planned c-section with my second next week. First time I only had two requests - no episiotomy and yes epidural, and got both.

Maybe it's just me splitting hairs, but I always never figured that feeding choices, etc. were part of a "birth" plan - just part of the "parenting" plan. I also don't plan on doing unusual in regards to vaccinations, eye stuff, etc, but if you do I would absolutely want to make the hospital staff aware of it.
    Telephus44

Answer by Telephus44 at 3:36 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Yes, I think that a birth plan is important for all mothers. A birth plan forces us to learn all the routein hospital policies, and then lets us decide what is actually benificial for you and your baby. Things to include would be postpartum pain management options, feeding policy for you baby, tests, procedures, and vaxing options for your baby, etc. Another benifit of having a plan is to remind you of what is important to you, and you don't have to stress about making a decision without researching your options first.
    squish

Answer by squish at 4:13 AM on May. 21, 2012

• Of course, have a birth plan! That's important!!!
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 11:45 PM on May. 20, 2012

• Yes
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 7:31 PM on May. 20, 2012

• Nope I can't have one, I have Cp On My left side and my hips are way out of line. ( thats why the c-section)
    Goodniteandgo

Comment by Goodniteandgo (original poster) at 5:45 PM on May. 20, 2012

• Is VBAC not an option?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:41 PM on May. 20, 2012

• Absolutely

• Well certain things could be addressed with your doctor and then put into writing such as your feelings on eye ointment and vaccines, do you prefer stitches over staples, who will stay with you and who will go with the baby, who will hold the baby first, do you want someone to offer a bottle or wait to nurse yourself. If a bottle becomes necessary who do you want to offer it and what formula.... that sort of stuff.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:12 PM on May. 20, 2012