I receive child support payments from my ex. The court ordered $400.00 for my 3 kids. But now I recieve 2 payments each month. One payment is $203 and the other one is $173.00. I called the office and they told the balance due is for my childre's medicaid. I dont think is fair that the deduct that amount from the child support payment. My opinion is that my ex should pay the whole amount ( C.s payment and medicaid). What's your opinion. Thank You.

cachinojosa

Asked by cachinojosa at 5:44 PM on May. 20, 2012 in General Parenting

• i think you should speak to your case worker
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:49 PM on May. 20, 2012

• my opinion is, he s paying and the law is that child support will repay the system for government aid, FS, medicaid cash assistance what ever. I think you should be grateful you get 376.00 of the 400, they could take more if they wanted too. And I think you should be grateful that your children are getting health care for a measly 8.00 a month each.

Anonymous

• Its only fair if childsupport have to pay back the welfare checks, then they should have to pay some for medicaid. He is paying for both, just be glad you don' t have to pay out of pocket!!!!
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:03 PM on May. 20, 2012

• I think $24 for insurance on 3 kids is a hell of a deal and not something to squabble over.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:13 PM on May. 20, 2012

• if HE is paying Child Support and you have the kids, I think that the 24 should be split between the two of you and if there are any co pays, rx costs etc, the 2 of you should split them as well. Why should he have to pay all of it when you are just as responsible for the kids as he is? Its not his fault you don't have a job that offers medical you can afford just as it is not his fault if he doesn't have it offered affordably. When you are getting free medical you have a lot of nerve crying about a WHOLE 24 dollars.

Anonymous

• These ANNO are hell, but they are telling the truth.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:36 PM on May. 20, 2012

• thanks mama, I am not normally anon but these particulars can get nasty and I am not in the mood to be griped at tonight LOL
    Anonymous

• She should be happy, the way things are going now, she should be glad that's all the money they are taking out!!!!
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:50 PM on May. 20, 2012

• agreed, mine keeps changing jobs and addresses so they can not even garnish him
    and I don't get didly from the state.
    Anonymous

• Thank you all of you for your answers ..(.Im the same one as cachinojosa). I thank God everyday for what my kids receive I just wanted to know the motive for not giving them the whole amount. I forgot to mention that this amount is the same one they 've been receiveing since forever. He changed job this past november , he now earns $2,000+ bi weekly, got 2 new cars (recent models) and a new house. All im saying since he doesnt see the children because he works out of town and earns a lot of money , he should be paying medicaid. Forgot to mention that he also has private insurance something called Blue shield IDK he was the one that told me. And yes, right now im not working since im a full time student, I lready paid my mobile trailer, my land and my car, so that's why I dont work right now but Im studying. thanks you for your answers.
    jhi1980

Answer by jhi1980 at 7:43 PM on May. 20, 2012