Why is it....tmi maybe.

you start cramping worse when you exercise when your on your period?

It's like mother nature is trying to come against us on our journey to a toned body.

and does aspirin really make your "flow" heavier? My mom said it makes you bleed longer and heavier. I am extremely heavy right now and I took a rx 800mg aspirin earlier.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• asprin thins your blood thats why you bleed heavier i dont know the answer to the first part of your ?
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• YES aspirin makes your period worse. IT is a blood thinner. You are better off to take an advil, which is an anti inflammatory. Exercise helps my cramps. google PMS yoga.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Aspirin thins the blood so it would make since to make your flow heavier at least. And as for the whole mother nature thing I think it goes back to the Adam and Eve story!!! Only if Eve weren't so stupid we might not have had to be the ones to have kids/periods/and all the other crazy female things we have to endure!!!!!!!!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I BLAME EVE!!!!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Cramping probably gets worse from the lactic acid buildup which is what causes muscle cramps. When you exercise it causes the buildup.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 7:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• That's strange...I always felt a thousand times better after a good run; when I had my period that is.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 7:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Make sure you are drinking tons of water while you exercise, but especially during you're period, because you dehydrate faster, and that adds to cramping, too.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I always felt worse when I exercised on my period.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• LOL so true!! I love my IB profin!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think that it's different for everyone. I had always been told that exercise would help, but it always made it worse. I had cramps so bad as a teenager that I could not get out of bed for the first three days of my period and I ruined countless sheets and clothing because I flowed so heavy.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 9:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009