Why in H@#$ is jack n the box outsourcing it calls when you pull up to the window and order it not the same person who is at the window.

I don't know if this is current events but this is current in my newspaper.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because it improves their profit margin.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• huh??
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Run that by me one more time.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Because Bush allowed companies to fire American workers and outsource all the jobs overseas.
    Anonymous

• BIMOM21, MommaBear1129......they are outsourcing the call box when you pull up to order your food and when you go to the window it s not the same person. I am in NC so maybe they are only doing it here.
    Anonymous

• My daughter works at Tim Hortons and the person taking the orders isnt the same person working the window. Perhaps that is whats going on there lol.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• wow...thats just sad!! maybe it helps keep the orders clear...i dunno but it seems off
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I get that in my area too...but it's because there's a different person at the window than who's doing the call box. The other person is usually running a different area inside. They are all inside the same place though.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I saw this on the news a while ago - some McDonald's are doing it. Where exactly are they "outsourcing" these calls, because McDonald's is sending them to Colorado.

And Anon 7:13 - companies have ALWAYS been free to fire workers and outsource their jobs. It happened quite often after Clinton instituted NAFTA. Try Googling it some time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It's the internet. A bunch of people sitting in a quiet room in front of computers with headsets can take orders more efficiently and accurately than a harried worker scrambling around inside the restaurant, trying to do 18 different things at once. Internet lines let them talk to you and input your order from just about anywhere.
    And they do NOT outsource these jobs overseas for the simple reason that they are going for accuracy and speed. Workers overseas simply don't understand fast food and, as most of you know, usually have very poor English skills - both of which will destroy efficiency and accuracy.
    And it is not the President, any President, who allows this. This is simple economics. The President could try to pass a law that outlaws it but the companies will simply close and reopen in a different country. Then we lose ALL the jobs, not just the low paying ones.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2009