Which hurts worse naturally?

The contractions or actual baby coming out? or tearing? Actually, what is the worst part of giving birth naturally?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everything! LOL! I was in labor for 35 hours and it was terrible! I only pushed for 10 minutes though so I would have to say the contractions were awful right at the end.
    Anonymous

• The worst part for me that i remember was the contractions... i never tore so i don't know about that?
    I say the contractions just because they lasted sooo much longer than the actual baby head coming out
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• For me I would say the contractions, when the baby was coming out I felt pressure but no pain, it did feel really good to finally be able to push, as for tearing, I did not feel that at all, I think I was too focused on pushing to care really, or the pressure of the baby hide the pain some how IDK which is true, but I did not feel that part, with my first they cut me to give more room and I did not feel that either, some say they give you a shot of novacaine but I didnt feel the shot either if they did it. Hope this helps
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I havn't pushed a baby out (yet) so I remember the contractions being very painful. But my best friend says that pushing actually feels like a relief. You get this overwhelming sensation and it feels good to bear down and push.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 7:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I had my baby naturally and at home. It was an exciting and exgilerating experience. The hardest part was the transition part (contractions right before pushing) and it didn't last long at all and it helped me to remember that I was almost ready t p push! The pushing I did feel a little bit of burning sensation but it wasn't bad. I just let my body push for me when it was ready. I had two very tiny tears that didn't even need stitches because they were so small.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• the contactions, when i tore, i didnt know i did cause it happened so quickly.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• The ring of fire, which only lasted a second. I was in labor 24 hours when I did it with no pain meds. The rest wasn't that bad at all as long as you keep yourself in the right state of mind. I've torn before and never felt it, even with my all natural birth.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• The contractions are HORRIBLE and i mean HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did i mention they are HORRIBLE!! But i was induced with pitocin with all 4 of my babies and it makes labor come on fast and hard with no relief what so ever!! Iv heard women say that the contractions that come with a natural labor are so much less intense......I had an epdidural with my first and it was a really bad experience i pushed for an hour with her... my last 3 were all my super babies and born way way fast they were all here in about an hour after labor started and out in one push I had my last one last monday and was only in hard labor for about 45 mins and she came out all at once!! Anyway to answer your question i think the contractions are the painfull part of it all and the pushing feels like a relief and when that baby is out its like a HUGE AHHH its like one minuet ur in the worst pain of your life and the next you feel GREAT!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• The Contractions, During The Pushing I Got All "High" Off My Endorphins...It Was Weird. The Ring Of Fire Killed Too!
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 3:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• at the risk of sounding ignorant- what is the ring of fire?
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 12:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009