Does anyone else eat lunch with their kids at school?

My son will be 6 tomorrow and I am excited about eating kunch with him at school. I remember when my Mom used to do that for me. How many of you are able to eat lunch with you kids at school?

BrandonsMom1000

Asked by BrandonsMom1000 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• As a mom of a boy and a girl, be prepared for him to change his mind. My daughter LOVES me coming to eat lunch with her at school. Her friends treat me like a celebrity. Last year and this year, my son (now a 1st grader, age 6) has backed out both times I planned to eat lunch with him. It's not cool to eat with mom, I guess. It was such a surprise to me. He thinks he wants to eat with me until he's realizing he'd rather eat with his buddies. Your son may not react this way. I didn't expect it at all, but he is growing up and enjoying his independence. Have a great time!
    mommachristy

Answer by mommachristy at 10:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It was supposed to say eat "lunch" LOL. I cannot spell today.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• if my dd starts headstart next year they ask that you come in once in a while to have lunch and/or help through a couple of hours. So i'm excited!!!! still have a while to go
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Everyday! I homeschool :)

I remember my mom doing that once or twice when I was a kid and it was pretty exciting :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• ReneeK3, I do not have the patience to homeschool. Bless you. He thinks that he is a big boy and he wants to show off a little.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My daughter's only three but I definetely plan to when she gets to school. My mom never did that because she was so busy and it was something that I always wanted to do. I remember watching other kids' parents pick them up for a special lunch date or bring a special something for their kids and eat with them. I was always totally bummed because I knew that my mom could never do something like that.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 7:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• YA I HAVE AND ITS EXCITING FOR THE KIDS
    FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Answer by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 7:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• hgibsonorc,

I am lucky to only work part time right now, so I am able to do it until I start full-time.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• That is my son's social time so I wouldn't do it. He sees me for every other meal so I like that they don't allow us to eat with them.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My mom volunteered at our elementary school as a Lunch Mom. It was cool to see her at school, but she wouldn't sit with us and eat, she was in charge of supervising all the kids.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2009