Does increased spitting up in a 7 month old mean they are getting sick?

My 7 month old has just started spitting up after every meal (formula or stage 1 veggies/fruits), even two hours after, and even if I keep her upright and strapped to the bouncer (as she would rather be crawling and rolling but I am trying to stop her from spitting up!!!). She has no other symptons and her diet hasn't changed in about a month. She hasn't spit up this much since she was about 4 months. I called the doc, they said it was because she was strengenthing her stomach muscles and now it was easier to spit up with stronger muslces. Does that make sense or am I just waiting for the other sick symptons to come?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does the spit up seem mucusy? If so then it could be because of teething. When my dd is teething she swallows a lot more spit and therefore spits up a lot more. It subsides after her teeth break. If that is not it then I would push the issue with the doc. Maybe get a barium test to make sure nothing is going on.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• The last time my son started spitting up more, I changed his eating schedule. I attributed it to him getting too much formula and food and couldn't keep it down. We went from four 8 oz. bottles per day to three, but kept the amount of baby food and cereal he received. It seemed to do the trick.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009