Do you believe in the death penalty?

I believe that killing someone to show that killing is wrong is pointless and lessonless but I think that people on death row are useless to society and not worth the tax-payer money to keep alive in jail. Also that it is a way of thinning the human population even though it is a very slow process. Society doesn't need mindless killers and whatever else gets sentenced to death. We are better off without them dead because they are a disgrace to the human genus and species.

xHeiligx

Asked by xHeiligx at 2:13 AM on May. 21, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe that the death penalty exists, I do not believe it is just. Either all life is sacred or it's not, and my understanding is that it is all sacred
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:21 AM on May. 21, 2012

• If caught red handed: Oh yes. There are evil people who, imo, have lost their right to live amongst humans. Even in prison.
    Pucki

Answer by Pucki at 2:49 AM on May. 21, 2012

• I believe under certain circumstances it is appropriate.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 3:24 AM on May. 21, 2012

• no,it is not my place nor my job to decide who lived and who dies. IMO once the exacutioner does the deed (s)he is no better than the person they killed,they too are now a murderer
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 4:24 AM on May. 21, 2012

• How many of you who are in favor of the death penalty call yourself "pro life"?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:09 AM on May. 21, 2012

• Good question RK.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:46 AM on May. 21, 2012

• Yes, I believe in and support the death penalty. The problems that I have with it are when it is used in purely circumstantial cases. I however do not like how long those that have been given the DP have for appeals processes and the money it costs to provide defense for them. If someone is caught murdering or molesting others, it's not likely they can be reformed. The rate of recidivism is very high in sexual predators. I just hate that we have to spend so much money on 5 appeals - or however many they get - on them (which is why it is so expensive to give someone the DP).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:40 AM on May. 21, 2012

• iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 10:11 AM on May. 21, 2012

• How many of you who are in favor of the death penalty call yourself "pro life"? ~ rkoloms

I do. I believe that part of being pro life means wanting what is best for society, and that society has not only a right, but a duty to protect itself as a whole. Murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc. are worse than just a long term expense to keep them locked up. They represent a very real danger to those who gaurd them as well as the general public if they escape or are set free. I think the dp is woefully underused and has been hamstrung by lawyers who figured out how to make more money getting people off ... and to hell with justice.

I'll answer your question with one of my own ~ how many of you who are against the dp are pro choice? If life is sacred, and no one has any right to end a life, then why is it ok to end itty bitty lives that harmed no one ... but NOT ok to end adult lives that cause great harm?
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:48 AM on May. 21, 2012

• Yes
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:53 AM on May. 21, 2012