What do you think about the man who killed his wife, mother in law and ( 3) kids?

A man by the name of Rajaram killed himself, wife,mother in law and three kids. He left a note to the police saying it was due to economic hardship. You may have heard this story. Some people say that he could have asked for help. Do you think he would have received help? This man made 1.2 million in a london-based venture fund. He sold his home for 750,000 because he saw he was about to hit rock bottom. His wife was bothered by them moving in to a 274,000 home. They lived in an upscale neighborhood. I really wich he hadn't done what he did. Many people are suffering economically. He had a child attending college. It didn't sound as if he wanted to die. It is sad because each child was shot in the head in different rooms. He was found dead laying next to two of the kids..I think it was two. He still had the gun in his hand. People always say they would have helped after the fact. Do you believe he would have ?

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 7:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I HAVEN'T HEARD ABOUT THIS ONE BUT THERE WAS A GUY IN CALIFORNIA WHO DID THE SAME THING...I MEAN TIMES ARE HARD BUT YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• OMG i'm glad i don't watch the news anymore! That's just horrible! With that kind of pay scale I don't think he could have gotten any actual financial aide to be honest? I don't think he should have gone as far as he did! That's just disgusting!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It's bad to say but I guess "the strongest will survive"?
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• If he wanted to kill himself he should of done it and left his family alone.
    Anonymous

• Stingy, shelfish, cruel, nasty... what do you want me to say?

I agree, if you think life is that bad and want to kill youself... fine. But don't make that decision for anyone else.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I'm not saying someone should have given him money to pay his bills, but took his kids and help with feeding them or something. Not many will do that. I think it is sad and dont agree with him at all.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 8:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• all i can say is WTH.........................
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Sounds like John List.He did this back in the 60s I believe b/c he couldnt find a job...killed his wife,MIL and 3 kids and then chickened out and went in hiding for almost 20 years where he got back on his feet and made it.He even remarried.It is so sad to to that stuff.I know times can get hard but that will eventually get better if you keep pushing.
    Anonymous

• That happened to a family where I grew up. It was when I was in high school and I knew one of the kids. I happened again in the same town about 10 years ago, but the guy thankfully didn't kill his family. He did commit suicide though. My husband and I have definitely had out share of financial troubles this past year, but I don't think we'd ever go that far. But maybe this guy never thought he would either. The wife sounded selfish too. Those poor kids never had a change with an example like that.

Idk if people would have helped him in that situation. But it just goes to show you no one is immune to financial hardship.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i can't imagine it being that tough that you have to kill your family and yourself. times are tough but i don't think it's worth killing yourself over. he could of just moved into an apartment and sold his fancy cars and bought used clothes and sold his stocks what not for food. i'm sure they had very expensive rings, items they could of sold.

i guess the more money you make the least your able to handle the pressure. those that struggle daily even before now sure know how to keep living and endure. i heard of the california guy that killed himself, wife and 5 kids, 8 yr old and 2 5yr old twins then 2 yr old twins. wow that is troubling. so many families killing themselves yet they had it better then most do.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2009