How do you deal with a SM teaching your child your real name and that she is his Mommy?? (He lives with his father and SM)

My son lives with his father and SM. I only have limited supervised visitation until we go back to court.

Mrs.McBride

Asked by Mrs.McBride at 7:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• my mom had this problem as she is a sm. she just tells him that hes super lucky to have two moms and then tell her that obviously shes going to act as mom for now but respect the fact that you ARE his mom
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• not cool..in our home I am mommy Krista to my step kids and their real mom is Mommy..we never made them call me anything as I didn't think that was the right thing to do. Just be the mom honey...he will figure it all out. Good luck
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My SS lives in in our home w/ his dad and I, he just all of a sudden started calling me mommy and her Lori. I didn't tell him to nor did I encourage it. But, he saw my kids calling me mom and I was doing the same for him as I was them so, I figure he thought he should call me mom. I told him he could call me whatever he wanted to within reason and HE chose mommy. Now he refers to her as his Lori and me as his mommy. I don't know what advice to give except for to enjoy your time w/ your son and hope you get what you looking for in court.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• id be in jail if some b**** told my dd to call her mom bc id kick her a**
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 10:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i would be doing a cat fight!!!! lol i jk tell ur ex you dont like that at all!!
    Anonymous

• My so and his Ex have shared custody and we never told his son what to call me. He did, however, Say my name before he said mommy or daddy. ((his father and i have been together since he was 14 months old)) Every Now and then he will slip and call me mommy or mama. But fo rthe most part he calls me Jacqui or jac.
    JacquiV

Answer by JacquiV at 12:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2009