My 5 month old boy is having trouble sleeping through the night :(He started to sleep through the night at 3 months and just recently the doctor said he has acid reflux and so he is on zantac and some cold medicine he is eating about 8 ounces of milk mixed with rice cereal and he goes to sleep about 9ish and wakes up about 12:30 - 1:30 please help me get my sleep back!

NicolePB

Asked by NicolePB at 7:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he teething? That will be disrupting your sleep for the next 2 years.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• At five months old I don't think he is teething.Why are you giving him milk at this early in his life?Try goats milk or soy milk.I was born allergic to dairy products,so my mother had to feed me fresh goats milk.When my son was a baby he could only drink the soy formula.He also had collic so I put a fresh mint leaf in his water bottle.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Our son spit up all the time and would go through multiple outfits each day at daycare. We found that rice seemed to make him spit up more and irritate his stomach so we now give him oatmeal. I also shy away from adding to the formula...too easy for them to choke. We also found that if he got really full, he tended to spit up more. Our son sleeps through the night on 6-7oz (he is full, but not stuffed). Good Luck!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 8:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• He could be teething. My son got his first tooth at 4 months.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Not too young for teething. My daughter started at 2 months. She had 2 teeth by 5 months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my son is 5 months old and is the same way will go down around 8pm but then awake around 12:30-1, nurse and then sleep for another 3 hours before awaking again. My son was diagnosed with reflux too at 3 months and was on everything including zantac and nothing helped, with time the spitting up slowed and the pain
    nickygia

Answer by nickygia at 9:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009