Does anyone else feel sad after a tubal ligation?

I don't want anymore babies, but I still have this little tinge of sadness knowing that I just had my last baby. I don't ever want to be pregnant ever again but there is this part of me that is sad knowing that I'll never be pregnant again. But trust me I need another kid like I need a hole in my head!! Is it just because it's only been two weeks? Is it postpartum depression?

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That's pretty much normal. I wanted one too, I had it set up and everything... but at the last minute I chickened out. And I was 41 at the time. I think it's just the idea.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i know im going to be the same way..im preggo w my 3rd and have the option to get fixed..i think ill back out..i have soon to be 3 girls and i really want a boy but i dont know how many more kids i can handle..its a hard and permanent decision..financially, i can't even afford one...so in that respect i Definately Need to get fixed..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I already had the surgery, I'm still glad I did it. I just get these strange feelings sometimes. I guess it was just such a special time for me for each of them to be a part of me. I've closed a huge chapter in my life...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I have heard many people be sad after having their tubes tied. I still have not gotten mine tied and I know I need to, I just can't psychologically bring myself to do it.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Getting your tubes tied isn't 100% proof of not getting pregnant. I got mine done after my second was born. I was told by the DR that if there is ever a time I change my mind about having kids it is a major operation to have it reversed. I wouldn't go back to have another one even if I was paid to. It is a major decision and not one that should be made lightly. Good luck to you.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I Am Pretty Sure I Am Going To Have Mine Tied, I Have Horrible High Risk Pregnancies And Have Had MANY Miscarriages, But I Know I Will Be VERY Depressed Afterward And I Don't Want To Go Through That....UGH....Decisions, Decisions!
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 3:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yes, I feel t he same way but I am having the girl I been waiting for for 12 years and I am finish. Even if it's not a girl I am still finish, you can't say I did'nt try. I will just be happy with my 6 boys.
    babygirl419

Answer by babygirl419 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2009