Have you recieved a letter from your bank

I received a note from my bank about a international security breach at Heartland payment systems. The final count of compromised cards (credit and debit) could be up to 100 million. The FBI and secret service are working to see which retailers, restaurants and other merchants use this processor. My bank has sent out letter saying they are going to give us new cards and pin numbers to avoid any possibility of our account being compromised. Please check with your bank if you have not received a letter.

donnabuzybee

Asked by donnabuzybee at 7:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• You got an actual letter? In the mail? Like snail mail not email right?
    Anonymous

• hmm...are you absolutely sure it's from the bank? Not all banks are going to do the same thing!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• This sounds huge. Why haven't we heard about it on the news yet?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I've herd about this recently it was on the news and I work retail and I've had several customers come in and tell me this cause they want to like explain why they writting a check instead of using a debit card cause a bunch of cards numbers were stolen
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 6:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Not sure, I just got my new debit card today. I believe there are clearing houses that process things for the banks and one of them was breached. I got it from my bank...First Federal. That is all I know, I posted what the letter said. Maybe your bank uses a different processing place then mine???
    donnabuzybee

Answer by donnabuzybee at 7:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2009