Are we saved just one time? Is it an ongoing process?

Can you give your salvation back? Or lose it? Or do you, as Timothy states..."Wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting conscience, certain persons have made shipwreck of their faith."

I think that with many Christians here, we part company on these very tough teachings.

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 8:11 AM on May. 21, 2012 in Religious Debate

• "Once saved, always saved" is a hot topic in our house and group of friends.

Take me for instance ... I accepted Christ, got saved and now I am no longer a Christian. Am I still saved? Will I go to Heaven based on Christianity's teachings? I believe "no" because I turned my back on Christianity and no longer follow the tenets of the religion. BUT based on the thinking of "once saved, always saved" the answer would be "yes".

Is that what you were asking or did I misunderstand the question?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:25 AM on May. 21, 2012

• Wow, I almost submitted an answer before I realized I'm not mentally prepared for this debate this early in the morning. Maybe I'll check back in this afternoon. Thanks.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:57 AM on May. 21, 2012

• You are correct Spiritedwitch. And I agree with you on the topic
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 10:04 AM on May. 21, 2012

• Thank you spiritedwitch, for being able to answer the question abstractly
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 10:05 AM on May. 21, 2012

>>
    Please, come back when you are ready!
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 10:13 AM on May. 21, 2012

• I don't believe in once saved always saved.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:34 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Could you elaborate on what you do believe TBandNCmommy
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 12:46 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Salvation is a one time, once and for all event. Sanctification is a life long process.

I think that a person can turn their back on their salvation by way of the sin of blasphemy.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 3:05 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Only blasphemy? How about despair, losing faith in God's ability to keep you?
    adnilm

Comment by adnilm (original poster) at 3:18 PM on May. 21, 2012

• There's also the side that believes if you don't live a Christian life or stop believing, you weren't truly saved in the first place.

I don't have an opinion on this. There's scripture that supports both,
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:46 PM on May. 21, 2012