pinching and scratching?

My daughter loves to scratch and pinch herself. Shen she's sitting with us she will scratch at any patch of skin she can find. If her shirt or pants are off she'll do it to where her skin is red and hurts. She cries, but doesnt stop. Every time I take a dipe off she puts her hands down by her and scratches and pinches herself. She has a rash that I'm sure is due to this and not anything else.. She cries like I"m murdering her when I take her hand away. Anybody else's baby do this? How do I make her stop??

kristal2146

Asked by kristal2146 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would take her to the ped and have her skin looked at. She may be having skin reaction (or even dry skin) which is very irritating to babies. It sounds like she is scratching to soothe herself even though she goes overboard and ends up making it worse. Our ped prescribed a lotion for our son and it works like a charm for dry/itchy skin with rashes.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 8:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• she could be having an allergic reaction to the detergent you use or she could have ecsama or however you spell it. Thats what my daughter was doing
    Anonymous

• take her to her pedi. she could have some skin allergie or something.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009