21 and maybe pregnant again

I'm 21 with a 3 1/2yr old daughter. She's my everything and i try to give her my everything. I'm a month late on my period. Ive been using the patch for the last 3 months and never had a problem with them before. You normally don't miss periods and normally i can go up to one week of being late on my period but now it's been a month. im scared i might be pregnant. The last guy i was with are no longer togather due to him lying about his whole life. what do i do if i am pregnant? I'm a single mom with one child already. everyone says "oh don't bring another child in this world without the father" im so confused..

may.mommy

Asked by may.mommy at 8:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Take the test, then accept your new responsibility is all I can say. Good luck
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 8:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Well you have to start off by finding out first! Maybe it's just stress!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I agree with the other two posts, find out if you're pregnant first. If you are, can you take care of two kids by yourself? Its up to you if you want tp have this baby (if you are pregnant) dont let anyone make your decision for you
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• deal with it. you are old enough to do the fun then you are old enough to take care of the baby. call the father and tell him you maybe preg
    Anonymous

• First of all, you need to take a pregnancy test to find out for sure.
    If you're knocked up, then you need to face the reality and decide what you're going to do.
    Then you need to learn that NO birth control is 100% effective. Not only that, but why would you have unprotected sex with someone you're not married to or in a serious relationship with anyway? Keep your legs closed and focus on the child (or soon to be "children") you already have.

IF you're knocked up, call the father and inform him, but don't expect him to step up to the plate. If he was willing to lie about everything when you dated him, then he doesn't sound too charming.
    Anonymous

• Take your pregnancy test first if you are then you have to decide but I'm sure you already have a very polite wonderful little girl as it is and I'm sure you can do it again....I hope you the best luck ever with this but again I'm sure you can do it again and its all up to you if you want to tell the father or not.......And for the poster who posted before me maybe you should do you preching to some one who has a younger kid and doesn't know who the father is and have enough guts to post with your name not anonymous!!! good luck make a good decision
    1SkylersMommy1

Answer by 1SkylersMommy1 at 1:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I was with the father for just about a yr, he has a daughter that's the same age as my daughter but, 2 weeks ago i finally met his family for the first time and his mom had so much to ask me about why i would date someone younger then me. It turned out that he wasn't 23, he just turned 19. he gave up all his rights because he didn't want to be a dad anymore. he told me his "real" mom died 3yrs ago and the lady i met was his aunt that liked to be called mom. I was so blind with this guy. the only thing he didn't lie about was his name. I did take a test and i am pregnant. This is why I'm so nervous to bring this baby into this world. I do blame myself for it but i also blame him.
    may.mommy

Answer by may.mommy at 1:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• thank you for the advice that you all have given me and 1SkylersMommy... thank you =)
    may.mommy

Answer by may.mommy at 1:31 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• See if you are pregnant first. I know when I took BC I sometimes was really late but wasn't pregnant.
    I believe you could raise the 2 children by yourself. =)
    My hubby was(still is) deployed when I had my DS and my DD was 2 1/2 when he was born. I know i'm not technically a single parent, but I take care of them all by myself. It's an adjustment, that's for sure! It does get easier.

I wish you the best of luck!!
    CatherineBird

Answer by CatherineBird at 4:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• so I just read that you ARE pregnant.

Just take things one day at a time!!
    if you need to talk, PM me. =)
    CatherineBird

Answer by CatherineBird at 5:00 AM on Jan. 29, 2009