Is it appropriate to bring a child to a wedding?

Asked by mltest23 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• i believev it is as long as they dont say no kids

Answer by marina13 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• if the invitation doesn't state 'no children' then yes it is appropriate, especially if the invite was addressed to 'and family"

Answer by katykay at 12:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Depends on the type of wedding, the couple getting married (family, friends, etc) and the age of the child. IMO

Answer by MomToMags at 12:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• When I go to wedding I usually leave my kids at home but I see no problem as long you ask if it is ok with bride and groom!!

• ONLY if the child is invited.....if the child(ren) name does not appear on the invitation, OR IT clearly states ADULT RECEPTION, then no.....IF you are close with the bride/groom, you could always ask.

Answer by mamaholly1 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• No. Especailly young children. They can be disruptive and ruin the special day. Would you want a baby crying while you were trying to say I do? If they are invited it is fine.

Answer by sunshine06 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I think it is depending upon the wedding. If you mean the after party...most times it is just adults and young adults that are your average night time hall party.
    But if they are invited and other children will be there then it is fine as long as there isn't too much drinking or a designated driver not drinking who is bringing the child. JMO

Answer by BBGun at 12:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I would always call to double check. Putting "no children" is kind of seen as taboo so some people just "hope" people don't bring kids. I went to one wedding where a baby was crying the whole was through...they could barley hear their vows...I felt so bad for them. So I *PERSONALLY* Have always vowed never to bring a yound child to a wedding. I would hate to ruin something as important as someones vows.

Answer by LuvmySFSGT at 12:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

Answer by meliscool72 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I absolutely HATE when parents bring their children to a wedding. My OWN wedding I had family members that I thought were smart enough NOT to bring their 9 month old and 1 year old to the wedding that screamed almost the whole wedding. GRR. If your child is under 5 years old I think they should find a SITTER. That's what they get paid to do... watch your kids for important events like weddings! I can't stand people that bring their kids to big events like weddings.