at what age did you start potty training?

Asked by katelynnsmommy1 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i dont remember, i was too little.....

Answer by scoobystone1 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I started potty training my daughter at 2yrs old.

Answer by sweetj at 1:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I started potty training my daughter a month after she turned 2. We are day trained already and going to be working on night training soon. I dont want to push her. Im going by her cues.

Answer by Shannon85 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• we just started to train and he is 20mths old. Slow going just trying as he sees fit. once or twice a day.

Answer by simplystephanie at 2:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• 2 and 1/2. I was waiting for all the "cues" but she never showed any of them. I really didnt think she was ready. finally i just started and she took to it very well as you saw. In less that 2 weeks she was potty trained for day and night.

Answer by kgracemommy at 3:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• At about 2. She is 3 now and STILL not potty trained though. She is getting there though!

Answer by cacnotcam at 1:35 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Carla that sounds like Brody. We started at 18 months and she wasnt potty trained until 3 1/2. I decided with Ruby that I wasnt even going to start potty training her until she turns 2.

Answer by sunshine2980 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• All of my kids were different. I never really potty trained per say. We introduced them to the potty told them what it was for but never pushed them to do it. Hannah and Melainie were trained before they were two and Kire' just did it last week. Starting at about 18 months we would get the potty chair all set up and let them sit on it when we went potty but not every time. Just to get them used to it. They all have their own time and it is nothing that you or your child should stress over. Just let them know where it is and show them a few times what to do then let them get to that stage on their own. Offer lots of praise when they do though. Katie is still so young though but great thinking ahead.

Answer by blueyedalls at 1:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• It depends on what you mean by "start potty training". I've been getting my 2 year 2 month old ready for potty training since she was 18 months old. I would model going to the bathroom for her, allow her to sit on the potty if she wanted (usually with her pants on), and talk to her about using the bathroom as I changed her diaper. I didn't really START potty training her until this past weekend, and she's already used the potty once. Starting potty training, to me, means you let her/him know that you expect them to actually use the potty. You need to wait for the signs that he/she is ready physically and mentally. Less diaper changes means a more mature bladder. Looks on their face as they are having a movement means they are aware. Some "shame" (hiding or stopping what they are doing) while having a movement means they realize it shouldn't be done in their pants. Most children become "ready" between age 2-3, but every child is different.

Answer by Imogen13 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• 18 months and 2.5...figured I do them together since they are only 1 yr apart...

Answer by smsampson13 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2008