Venting about Girl Scouts

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!! Skylar joined Girl Scouts in Oct and she only had 5 meetings this year, then her leader screwed her over on her cookie money that we TURNED in she did not turn it into the council. So therefor she is not able to go to camp for the cookies that she sold! Then in April I requested for her to be put into a active troop, when I called today about it they gave me the rund around, however, they asked if I wanted to sign her up for next year!! Hell NO!! I expressed with them how disappointed with the way they are handling the situation that they knew was happening since Feb and have not helped the girls out! all the lady told me we "oh sorry!"

I enjoyed my many years in Girl Scouts that I spent and the life time friends that I made from it. and my daughter is my only girl and I wanted her to join so she can have some girl fun! But i guess not!

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 11:34 AM on May. 21, 2012 in General Parenting

• There must be someone you can tell that is higher up they need to know.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:37 AM on May. 21, 2012

• I had similar problems with my son's first year in cub scouts. After the leader left in late November/early December, I stepped up to be the Tiger leader. We are finishing up the summer with this Pack but next year we will be switching to a different Pack.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:38 AM on May. 21, 2012

• There are other ppl you can contact within your counsel ... I would go online find your counsel and the
    numbers or names of everyone past the secretary and start leaving messages, and demand to talk to
    someone that will listen...
    Call every day until you get someone that will listen, believe me you will get someone soon enough....
    I was involved with GS with my dd's for yrs and whenever there was a problem it was taken care of, you just
    have to be on it A LOT

good luck...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:48 AM on May. 21, 2012

• I would set up as a leader, however, I have two younger boys at home and I am finishing college this year then going bcak to work after 7 years of being a stay at home mom!
    SkylaReneeMom

Comment by SkylaReneeMom (original poster) at 11:56 AM on May. 21, 2012

• It has everything to do with the leader. Find the right troop and it will be great.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:15 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I agree with gmasboy. Call Council. Look up the staff directory and start by calling whoever is at the top of Member Services. If that doesn't work, go to the CEO. If this leader did not turn in the cookie money, she can be charged with a felony. Did you get a receipt from her or something to show you turned it in? If you did, start with the product sales coordinator at your council. Go up from there. Tell them you want to know where the money is - you can prove it got turned into the leader and yet you're being told it's not there and your daughter can not go to camp because of it. we have leaders and parents in our council that have been charged with theft once more than $500 in product sales funds goes missing.

I'm sorry your experience has been bad. :( There are good leaders and good council folk. I hope you can find some of both!
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:48 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Keep looking for another troop. Don't give up because of a phone call.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:51 PM on May. 21, 2012