Husband going to help with the ice storm

Well, I just got a call from my husband saying that tomorrow the company he works for is leaving for Arkansas to help with this big ice storm. There are millions of people without power from what I've been told. Its such a scary thought thinking of all of those workers that are out there 20 hours a day, 7 days a week trying to get power restored to the houses. My husband has only had to do it once but it only took like 4 days to get power restored to everyone on the fort. He says that they will probably be gone for 2-3 weeks. I'm used to him being gone for 4 days, I've never been without him for that long. Its going to be hard. But I'm trying to look on the positive side that he's helping people and that the pay will help out a lot with our bills. I'm just hoping that all of the lineman and other workers that are helping with this storm use caution. Keep praying that all of the workers make it home safe.

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 8:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• aww..im in arkansas but im in jacksonville and its not bad here. i will keep everyone in my prayers
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I'm in SE Missouri.. I guess they got hit really hard from here on down to Arkansas. Where I live, I got 3" of ice and then a layer of snow.. they got all ice. Ugh... sure glad ours changed over to snow.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• How kind you should be very proud of hubby God bless and good luck
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Thanks. He likes what he does. We have 2 children here at home and its giong to be hard on them not being able to see Daddy for a few weeks. Its going to be really hard on me hardly being able to talk to him throughout those few weeks. But I also realize that I'm not the only mother out there going through this. I hope all of our workers use their minds and keep warm and are careful. Those people getting thier power back is more important than me being able to talk to my husband. I just pray that everyone makes it home to their families. Thanks to everyone who is praying throughout this storm. Hopefully the worst of it is over.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 9:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Ya, this winter storm is terrible. I'd just look at the bright side of it and he will be home before you know it!
    Anonymous