my premature baby is very gassy and it seems painful. do you have any suggestion i use to help her

mountainmama187

Asked by mountainmama187 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter was premature with the same problems and I tried the milicon drops and they didnt help so I went to walmart and got her baby gasX and that finally relieved some of it. Email me if you get time and tell me- if your daughter has problems with going to the rest room. I have this preemie medicine the doc gave me and I could give you the name of it. It was the only thing to help my preemie daughter.
    izzismom08

Answer by izzismom08 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• gas drops thats what i used on my son and it works
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Have you tried Mylicon drops? You could also try pumping her legs a few times. And make sure that you're burping her really well after she eats.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I use to put my girls belly down on my lap and shake my legs really fast. It sort of mimic's the movement of a car and it really helped them.
    ashandamymom

Answer by ashandamymom at 8:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• How old is your premature baby? Have you talked with your pediatrician about this? I wouldnt give a newborn full term gas drops without discussing with my pedi. first.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my dd has horrible, painful gas too. I give her the mylicon drops as well. i'm sure you burp baby after every feeding already so i won't stress that.

we bought an incline for her crib. lots of tummy time helps push the gas out as well! i also move her legs like she's riding a bicycle when she's in pain from the gas.

it took months of seeing different docs, but now they think she has reflux. look into it for your baby as well. good luck! :)
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Our preemie also had this problem we used the Walmart brand of Mylicon drops. It really helped her

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009