Dinner Ideas?

Ok, long story but I'll try to keep it short. Hubby wants his boss and his wife over for dinner to see the new house. Problem: I don't cook, I guess I can, I just don't. Problem: The boss, had cancer years ago and the radiation ate at his jawbone and can barely speak let alone eat. He eats really soft things. I guess I need EASY but at the same time GOOD for dinner guests recipes! Ahhhhh, I am so overwhelmed! Thanks!

momofana82

Asked by momofana82 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/512/California_Pizza_Kitchen_Chicken_Tequila_Fettuccine44247.shtml

One of my favorite recipes! Easy and taste amazing!
    KehoeFamily

Answer by KehoeFamily at 9:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• when kev gets home i will ask him....hez a chef and could help u out in some way i hope
    malakastasgirl

Answer by malakastasgirl at 9:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• For a tender pork roast I always use Pomegranate Chipotle Sauce from Tastefully Simple. If you would like to see the recipe go to www.tastefullysimple.com/web/hconnell and go to try our recipes. You can put in the keywords pork and choose the Pomegranate Chipotle under products. This will be a tender dinner and your dinner will be a hit!

Heidi
    HeidiConnell

Answer by HeidiConnell at 10:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Alfredo Light

Ingredients:
    1 onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 teaspoons vegetable oil
    2 cups skim milk
    1 cup chicken broth
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    16 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
    1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
    Directions:
    1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute until golden brown.
    2. In a small saucepan, stir together milk, chicken broth, flour, salt and pepper over low heat until smooth and thick. Stir into onion mixture. Continue to cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
    3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water. Add broccoli to the pasta for the last several minutes of cooking. Continue cooking until the pasta is al dente.
    4. Drain the pasta and vegetabl
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 10:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Kelly asked me to type some ideas here. What you are looking for is called a "soft palette diet".

Pasta especially if you overcook it slightly. Ziti might be a good choice as it is kinda an all in one dish. If you would like to go the seafood route, consider deviled crabs or salmon cakes. For a bit of a spin you can make a chicken cakes, simular to salmon cakes only using chicken and if you are really adventurous you can add a bit of minced ham and cheese to the center of the cake and make something simular to chicken cordon blue. As a side dish, consdier something like a flavored cous cous. For veggies, besides the obivious choices of small things such as corn and peas, you might want to consider making mashed cauliflower using the colored varieties. You can take 1, 2, or all 3 available varieties and mash them individually then bake them in rows in a pan. Remember to season well, that makes up for the lack of textures.
    malakastasgirl

Answer by malakastasgirl at 1:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• hope that long message helped....good luck....if u need any advice give me hollar and i will have kev help out again.....
    malakastasgirl

Answer by malakastasgirl at 1:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• www.tastefulysimple.com/web/tseppla

lots of recipes there, good luck!
    sammiemommy

Answer by sammiemommy at 1:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would make up either a soup or chili. This is easy for the boss to eat, and a nice comfort food, especially with how cold it is!! Good Luck.
    AJmama4

Answer by AJmama4 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yeah What about soup? Make an easy potato soup. Dice some potatoes and add some carrots and cheddar cheese soup and some milk and a little velveeta and let it simmer for 30min.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 4:36 AM on Jan. 30, 2009