Why does he need Idol?

Tonight, A I is in Utah and Alan Osmond's son, David, auditioned. He made it to Hollywood. My question is, with a hugely famous family as are the Osmonds, why in the world would he need to go on Idol to make it?

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Entertainment

• Because he wants to make it on his own...without his family's help? Just a guess. Other children of famous people have been on there, too.
    Anonymous

• maybe his family wont give him any $$ to get started. or it could be b/c agents are constintly getting their clients on AI.

Anon: if he wanted to make it on his own he shouldn't have mentioned he was an Osmond. he coulda just said "no. im not one of them, just have the same last name"
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Paris Bennett and Nikko Smith had famous family members, can't really remember if there were any more that made it into the top 12.
    Janine2765

Answer by Janine2765 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Because if he does it on his own as an Osmond, we're all going to roll our eyes and tune him out. The Osmonds' music is for old people and American Idol is geared towards under 30 yrs old. Also, American Idol is HUGE exposure.

And I'd have to bet it's sorta fun. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• None of them are exactly "famous" any more.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 12:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• "Paris Bennett and Nikko Smith had famous family members, can't really remember if there were any more that made it into the top 12."
    Jordan Sparks

There are others this year who have already recorded - one of them played Annie on stage and was on all the major talk shows after she was fired, and she's had singles on soundtracks. Another one was in a band and appeared on Nikelodeon. Compared to them, he's the unknown.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Because he wants to make it on his own! I think it's great that he tried out and I'm rooting for him already!!
    bagjmama

Answer by bagjmama at 6:31 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I think its great. Instead of just going on his name, he wants to work for and prove that he can sing. Can't say the same thing for other famous kids.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Probably trying to bring publicity to his family
    MeNMy2Kids

Answer by MeNMy2Kids at 9:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would imagine that he wants to make it on his own merit, and not on the "family name", which is admirable. Show business is full of nepotism, so it's good to see someone who could take the easy way but knows they should work for it themselves.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:20 AM on Jan. 30, 2009