My neighbor's son is annoying me.

I know kids are kids and will say the darnest things, but it's really getting on my nerves. After I had my baby her 6 year old said, "If you already had your baby why are you still really fat?". I expected that one.

This weekend they came over unannounced as always while I was feeding my baby and he wanted to know why I NEVER clean just because there was food on the kitchen floor under the highchair. He also said that he heard the baby crying the other day when he was outside and asked why I don't take good care of her.

I hate always having to explain myself to a six year old and telling him his comments are not very nice only to have to tell him again each time. He is always saying stuff like that and he goes to every room "inspecting" to see if it's clean or not. My neighbor doesn't say anything and finds his comments cute, she
was telling me that he made his teacher cry because he told her she looked like a goat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on May. 21, 2012 in General Parenting

• That kid sounds like a jerk, and the mom seems to be condoning it. Tell him he's not allowed to come over anymore!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:29 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Weird parents if you ask me.
    Tell her she can come over with him again when she taught him about tact.
    Pucki

Answer by Pucki at 2:30 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I agree with the PPs. He needs to learn some manners.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:41 PM on May. 21, 2012

• What horrible people.
    This is not a child saying the darndest thing. This is a mother teaching her child that it is, on some level, ok to treat people like total shit.

he made his teacher cry because he told her she looked like a goat. WTF?!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:41 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Apropriate reaction would have been if she made her son appologize to the teacher. Did she? Well, maybe you won't know that. Anyway, if she didn't ... well, says a lot. I totally agree with anesthetic.
    Pucki

Answer by Pucki at 2:46 PM on May. 21, 2012

• The parents probably talk/gossip ALOT. That's what it sounds like to me. I wouldn't let them in my home anymore.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 2:53 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Sounds like he may be repeating what his parents say
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:54 PM on May. 21, 2012

• It sounds like his comments are actually just a parroting of what he hears his parents say. Kids say the darndest things AND repeat what they hear. Most likely his mom makes comments and she herself is the way he is at home or his dad is. Don't be upset with the child, be upset with the mother.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:55 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I would NEVER explain crap to an annoying 6 year old. Ignore him, tell him he's rude, remind him his a child, tell him to go home.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:25 PM on May. 21, 2012

• If his mom won't say anything, I would. First you need to tell him he may not walk around your home. If he asks why everything isn't perfectly clean, I would say something like "well I wasn't expecting to have anyone over right now and I have a lot to do, but that's not your business". This will also hint to the mom that you don't like them coming over unexpectedly. When he makes these comments I would say "that was very rude, I am an adult and you are a child and you are being very disrespectful, when you are an adult and have children of your own, maybe you will understand". I wouldn't want to be around them, you don't want your child growing up acting like this. I would tell the mom that until she can get her son to stop being disrespectful, he is not welcome in your home.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:22 PM on May. 22, 2012