How can it start out healthy this way?

I'm curious.. My Daughter is pregnant with her 3RD Baby! First Was A preemie! She's bleeding already at 5 weeks! Can this Straighten itself out to be A Healthy Baby?? She's Very Sad & Depressed! My heart aches for her! What can I do? She's 24 & married! But will lose her Health insurance I think since her DH is laid off Work! It doesn't look good at work! What are your expeiences? Only if its not too paniful to share!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 8:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I lost a baby at 10 weeks because I was bleeding like that. She might need to go the doctor to confirm if she's having a MC. It was hard for me because I had an ultra sound a 6 wks with a beating heart. Next thing I know I started bleeding and we did an ultra sound next thing I know the heart had stoped. I know its hard to face I lost mine last year on Christmas eve. I mean the only thing you can do for her is hold hand and just comfort her. if something went wrong just remind her its not her fault. Good luck.
    lesliekaym27

Answer by lesliekaym27 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• IT ABSOULUTLY CAN.....my aunt was pregnant with her 2nd and at 6 weeks she began to bleed profusly. so much so that she passed out and her dh had to take her to the ER with towels between her legs.

She was devastated b/c she is a nurse and thought for sure the baby was gone. BUT he was not....after her bleeding slowed she stopped and the rest of her pregnancy was fine.

Dr's now believe she had a miscarriage of a twin and the other survived!

I hope all goes well for her.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I lost my twin girls at 12 1/2 weeks. I started bleeding and they sent me in for an ultrasound and their hearts had stopped beating. They were just fine at the ultrasound 2 weeks prior. I was devastated, they wouldn't tell me this in the ultrasound I had to go see my Dr. to get the news. She said it was not my fault and these things just happen, it took about 3 days before I had a complete miscarriage.
    Definitly she should go to the Dr to get checked out
    Anonymous

• I have lost two. It is very hard but the best thing to do is to keep your head up. I am pregnant right now and I am having the same problems. I would tell her just to take it easy and talk to her doctor to see what is possible. The first time I started bleeding this time everything was still fine. I will pray for her and tell her that none of this is her fault.
    mrs.blankenship

Answer by mrs.blankenship at 9:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009