How many times should we meet?

I am in the process of finding another child care provider for My 6 month old. I need her to have more structure..I have met with someone (and I really like her) 2 times, once at her house, and also met the other mom and child (she watches a 1 year old boy now), and once at a park at her 5 and 6 year olds baseball game. All within a week, I dont want to "hangout" with her too much and have her think I am a stalker but I want to be SURE I make the right choice!!!!!!! Ihave not known her before, we just met but so far she has gotten really good reviews and I like her....would I be jumping the gun to go with her after only 2 weeks or so?????? HELP...this childcare thing is the WORST part of being a mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amberlinn

Asked by amberlinn at 8:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I honestly dont think you can ever be "over careful" expecially when your talking about an infant. I would be sure that she has experience and references outside of the one who recommended her. I would also make sure she has experience in working with more then one kiddo. I would also do a couple drop in visits before you leave your child with her.............lol and you thought you were being careful.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I'm going through the same thing. I got a list of approved home child care centers from my county so I called them any only one spoke good English. I'd much rather take my baby to a child care facility but they're twice as expensive. My mother knows some ladies from her church who run home daycare centers and I'd feel so much more comfortable leaving my baby with one of them.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You just have to trust your instincts. I think you have seen her enough to make a judgement call. I understand that you may be nervous but you have to do it some time. If there is something that still has you unsure then try finding someone else.
    risas11722

Answer by risas11722 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009