any fool proof remedies?

So i took my DD to the dr the other day because she had a pretty chesty cough along with a bit of a fever they said she just has a cold. I have tried tylenol, vaporizer, booger sucker, vicks baby rub adn rest but nothing seems to be working. she is still really irritable. now the fever has subsided and tonight i plan on doing a vapor bath but do you any of you ladies have any other at home remedies that i could try? She is not sleeping at night as well because of it so neither am i and i know lack of sleep will not help her. she is 7 mos by the way

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 8:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a almost 8 month old and every time he gets sick it takes about 2 weeks for him to get better. If you have done all of the above there is one thing you can try. I often will use eucaliptis oil that you can get from a natural medicine/food store. I put a bunch on a tissue and put in the corner of my sons crib where he cant get to it. It acts as kind of a natural vaporizor.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• If you have an air purifer try putting that in there room but the best would be a warm bath and as soon as they get out sucker there nose at least it will dry up the snot and give you guys a little time to sleep.
    mrs.blankenship

Answer by mrs.blankenship at 9:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I was told that a cool mist humidifier works better than a vaporisor. You could also try a few times a day running a hot shower and sitting in the bathroom with her and the steam should help loosen things up a bit. but other than that and what your already doing, I dont know of much more that you can try.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2009