Can you tell me?

If you could describe the way labor felt. How would you describe it and what do contractions feel like exactly?

Chas21

Asked by Chas21 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• good question lol... im gonna sit back and read answers cause im curious now that u asked it to hear some ladies experience on it... im 30 weeks so im due soon lol.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Mine felt like I had to take the biggest dump of my life.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 9:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• LMAO.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• For me it felt like hard period cramps. I kept trying to fall back asleep but that wasn't working. If you are unable to sit still or go back to sleep than you are probley in Labor.
    mrs.blankenship

Answer by mrs.blankenship at 9:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I had back labor, but it wasn't as intense as I thought it'd be. When I got to the hospital, I was 5 cm and could still walk and breathe normally through my contractions. They gave me my epidural as soon as I got there but I wasn't ready to push for another 17 hours :( And yes when your pushing it feels like your going to crap all over the table, but at that point you don't really care! I ended up having a c-section because my boy was huge, but overall your so excited to see your new baby it keeps you motivated through the pain. Good luck and just try to enjoy it!
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I had a combination of back labor and contractions on the front side. It was like a cramps but way worse. I only made it to 7cm before I had to have a c-section. But before that point I was only doing a little bit of pain meds through the IV. Although when I got the epidural it did feel great. I hadn't wanted one, but the c-section made me have to have it. I wish you all the luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I had some back issues but i also had the cramping like feeling in the front. but yet again i only went to 5 cm before i had to have a c section. and i was only getting contractions 15 to 20 minutes apart. my daughter wasn't huge either 6 lb 1 oz and 18 1/2 in... but i'm tiny i'm only 4'11 and well when i had her 132 before 96 so i think that's why i had issues...
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 9:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• With my first they gave me the epidural early ( I was being induced) so I didn't feel a thing:) With my second he broke my water and from then on I had what felt like menstrual cramps and as time went by they got more intense(a lot of pressure) that's when they told me I was ready to deliver. It was only an hour after he broke my water (thankfully) so I wasn't in pain that long. Since I got the epidural late I felt most of it...it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. She ended up weighing 8lbs 1oz. so she wasn't a small baby. Most women experience it differently so good luck to all you soon to be new mommies:)
    proudnavywife07

Answer by proudnavywife07 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 29, 2009