Can you be denied care not at a private but public hospital due to being over 19 weeeks pregnant?

My current care provider had a medical issue and had to stop seeing patients.
There is nobody available to take on new patients.
So she gave me a letter as a written referral to give or find a new doctor and under the circumstances i can't find anyone.
Any help would be great.
I live in wisconsin and will travel up to several hours for care.
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Could you look into the birth center in Madison, WI? That may be an option and I think there may be a midwife who can. Hmm, I'm in Wisconsin and I know a mom who is part of ICAN, maybe she would know of someone. You can PM me if you want.
    simplyjaneen

Answer by simplyjaneen at 11:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• ARe you saying that doctors are denying you prenatal care?
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes,because i'm a new patient despite circumstances with a doctors letter and records.
    Anonymous

• Nope. If you go into Labor they have to treat you or if you have any problems.
    My best advice is to you call your Insurance Company tell them your situation and they will locate on for you. If you have Medicade tell your case worker. In the Mean time take you Vitiamins like your suppose to do. Sometimes if you go to Colleges that Ultrasound programs you can get a free ultra sound for free.
    Anonymous

• Ps,my pregnancy is very normal and boring so it's not high risk or anything for Them to maybe have concern on taking me on for the rest of care or i could maybe see the issue.
    Anonymous

• Go and see a Family Physican they might be able to locate one for you. No Hospital Can deny you treatment its the law.
    Anonymous

• I looked at teaching colleges for maybe help,no luck either in our area.
    I really do not want to wait until June(baby due) or an emergency to be seen.
    Anonymous

• Go and see a Family Physican they might be able to locate one for you. No Hospital Can deny you treatment its the law
    **** I would but that is the issue being seen by someone.****

Anonymous

• If have Insurance call them they maybe able to locate one for you. Better go to the Health Department they be able to help too.
    Anonymous

• I called wic program they are helping,no luck so far.
    Our insurance offered no help.
    Anonymous