Pooping on the delivery table?

has anyone ever done this or know someone who did?....
my sister didnt poo but she farted in the doctors face lol...
i will be DEVASTATED if i poo...

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh my gosh lol............When I had my oldest who is 24 now they used to give you an enema when you came in..........Well I was 19 and young lol and was scared to death I would have my baby in the toilet.......so I never really emptied my bowels lol. When it came time to push you can imagine what happened..........So yes, I did that on the table.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i didn't poop but i've heard of it. b/c your constantly pushing. it can happen even if you really didn't have to go.
    bmboyce

Answer by bmboyce at 9:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• They are so use to it.
    Do not be freaked out over it.
    My cousin is a labor & delivery nurse and says this is the less gross thing she has seen.
    Anonymous

• i don't know if i pooped on the delivery table but i know my sister pooped and pee'd on the delivery table and they said that most women do atleast a little bit, it's because anything down in that region of your body gets pushed out because of the pressure and pushing of the baby.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 9:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• it's very common and normal and you wont know if it happens. they clean it up quickly. I didn't poop, but my sister did. No one made a big deal about it. You use the same muscles when pushing the baby out, as those of having a bowel movement. Don't worry about it.

While I didn't poo I peed a lot... it was funny
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I saw my friend poop on the delivery table and she didn't want the nurse to clean it off her.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 9:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I ended up having an enema before so I knew I wouldn't thankfully. But that was one thing I was worried about and this was asked at the class we took and they told us that the nurses are so good about clearing it up before anyone notices it, so you wouldn't even know you did it.
    Anonymous

• lol mistynights, im right there with you, im so afraid of it....thnks for ur experience though.... now atleast if i DO do it... ill think about my cafe mommies and know im not the only one... ill be devastated though...
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Never pooped, but I know it happens a lot. I did pee right in the doctors face with my first one. They said push, so I did! He should have moved!! lol
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• lol drowning... thanks chica.... thnks ladie... if i poo or pee ill think of u guys and not be so mortified.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009