I'm going to open a big racial can of worms. Should interracial adoption be allowed?

For those of you that didn't know - my husband and I adopted an African American girl a few weeks ago. I'm not going to get too deep into details because of the dumbfuck anons that have been bothering me - if you want to know more, ask me in PM and I'll answer if I like you.

She has heart problems and we're currently hanging out in the PICU for the next few days. A nurse threw some serious shade at us for adopting a black baby. I'm Norwegian and my husband is Irish so we're beyond white - we're just pasty.

We were told we need to get used to this kind of reaction, which we never will, but WTF? What do you guys think?

I know that native American children can't be adopted by non NA's, do you think this should apply to other races as well?

I obviously have no problem with interracial adoption.

FreeForAll

Asked by FreeForAll at 8:15 PM on May. 21, 2012 in Adoption

• I have no problem with interracial adoption, a child is a child in my eyes. I hope she gets better really fast <3
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:17 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I have no problem with it at all! In fact it is a very common sight around where I am. I think a good family of any race is a million times better than no family at all. why would you deny a child a good and stable home based on something like that?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:17 PM on May. 21, 2012

• of course

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:18 PM on May. 21, 2012

• If you need anything let me know!!!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:18 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I think children should be adopted to loving families, regardless of race. Sorry that that nurse was an ass.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:18 PM on May. 21, 2012

• It shouldnt matter the race of the child or the parents. As long as those parents will be loving and caring and able raise that child, who gives a damn,

BTW CONGRATS!!!! I didn't know you adopted!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 8:18 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I think if a loving home is available, then they should be able to adopt, regardless of race.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:19 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I see no issue with the adoption. As a RN myself, I can not imagine another member of my profession acting so "stupid".. A child is a child, not a color. A person is a person, not a color. Oh and I'm from the south. Some things are still just crazy to me.

Congrats on the new baby, and hope things go well and you guys get to go home soon..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:19 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I have no problem with it. As long as it is a good loving family then that is all that matters...I was in foster care as a child my foster parents were white but I did not see that!! all I saw was a mom and dad that loved me
    Blessed_mom1102

Answer by Blessed_mom1102 at 8:20 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I think it's great for any loving person to adopt any type of child. That was very unprofessional of her.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:20 PM on May. 21, 2012