do u poop less at a home birth?

i heard u poop less than on the delivery table in a hospital is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know. I have read many home birth stories and no one mentioned pooping. I didn't poop with my daughter and am having a homebirth in may. I can tell you what happens after it happens lol.

I think women who have a home birth are less likely to strain, there is no coached pushing and less strain on the body so that COULD be a reason why.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i dunno but i just posted a question about pooping lol... its a hot topic tonight...
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• No most women don't poop. I didn't and I just watched my neice give birth she didn't so I really don't think you have anything to worry about.
    mrs.blankenship

Answer by mrs.blankenship at 9:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Most people I know pooped with birth and I did with both of mine it's just a natural thing when you push and the people try not to let you know when it happens but I didn't care I just said oops that ones a stinker.... lol
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 9:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I gave birth in a hospital and didn't poop.
    Anonymous

• i also gave birth in a hospital and didnt poop
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter where you are. The baby moving down knda forces out poop if there's any there. At a homebirth (or a hospital birth where you don't get an epi, IVs or monitors attached to you) you can actually walk to the bathroom and poop in a toilet. :)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I gave birth 4 times in a hospital and never pooped lol so i dont know!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• who cares you aren't when ur trying to gt this melon sized head out of u. I didn't poop but i sre as hell wasn't thinking about pooping when i was pushing, i wonder if a dr has ever gotten sprayed. haha sorry that was gross
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It doesn't matter whether you're at the hospital, your house, or the middle of the street. If there's poop there in the first place it's gonna come out when you push the baby out! You can't just push a baby out, & try to keep the poop in...it just won't work! If there's no poop when you give birth, than none will come out when you're pushing the baby out.
    emf6874

Answer by emf6874 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009