Is there something in the water that the NC pastors drink?

This is so disgusting - yet another NC pastor who has less than kind things to say about gay citizens of our country.  With this sort of thing being preached, it's little wonder that the citizens of that state voted in favor of denying same-sex unions. 

This guy, however, takes it even further and shares a fantasy of his to his congregation.  He'd like homosexuals to be segregated from the rest of society in an area surrounded by an electric fence.  In his bizarre mind, gays and lesbians would die off because, you know, they "can't" reproduce in an environment like that.  Never mind the fact that it is straight parents who have gay children. 

Facts never really matter all that much with fanatics . . .

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 9:08 PM on May. 21, 2012 in Religious Debate

• and he believes this is the kind of message Jesus wants spread around?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:11 PM on May. 21, 2012

• – collapse
    *shrugs*. He's got as much right to voice his opinion as anyone else. Just because he said it doesn't mean he's gonna go out and make it happen. The hysterics are once again trying to stir up trouble. Give it a rest already!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on May. 21, 2012 (hidden) + expand

• I have only been here in NC for a few hours but I am defiently not drinking the water.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:24 PM on May. 21, 2012

• The brainless idiots have just as much right to express their opinions, as warped as they may be, as the rest of us do. Unfortunately, they are the ones that seem to get the most press. I honestly believe that if we stop giving them the press, they would go away. They feed on the attention and we need to cut off the attention. Stop feeling into their hate.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:26 PM on May. 21, 2012

• @ JSBenkert answereing your question.

This is so disgusting - yet another NC pastor who has less than kind things to say about gay citizens of our country. With this sort of thing being preached, it's little wonder that the citizens of that state voted in favor of denying same-sex unions.

`I would not say this is at all disgusting when it comes to someone with biblical beliefs. Now of course I understand not everyone is a christian or believe in God and so on. But it's important to not put down peoples beliefs when it comes to the Bible. Who are you to say that it is right? Who are you to judge? Your Not!

I do think that it's wonderful more and more Christians are coming together and saying "Hey No we don't support it." But to be respectful yes! I would Never Ever go up to someone and bash them, I would not put them down as a person. Being gay does not make a person be a person. It's a true choice.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 11:47 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I think that our Country needs to knock it off with all the marriage talk, gay and so on and focus more on this economy and getting families jobs because as we know without income means going homeless and being poor. I also would like to respond to back to you on this topic.

Now I really do think the pastor did go way.. overboard with his personal fantasy I think it's sad. Who is he to want to kill people! It's wrong! As a pastor he should know that. God will take care of it! He is the one who judges but as for a Christians belief when it comes to the Bible yes it's more then ok. As for those who support the gay lifestyle that's their own choice to do so. They can choose to, or not to and to read the Bible verses about what it says about homosexuality.

Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 11:52 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Wow....yet another extremist spreading his message to his extremist flock. How long before one of his "people" decide to take action against a gay person b/c of what this preacher has been saying? HOw about people start taking responsibility for the hate that they spread? How about people stop coddling the idea that he is merely "voicing his opinion" in stead of what it really is-hate. It is bordering on bullying and asking others to join in.
    Will it take physical action against gays before people realize this? This guy has absolutely NO right to voice his sick ideas about gays like that. Being in a church doesn't protect him from taking responsibility. If he had true faith in his god, he'd have no reason to say such heinous things. He is a hateful, hateful, angry, bitter, fear filled person. Gee whats next-send the gay people to concentration camps?/
    unfuckingbelievable.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:00 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Being gay does not make a person be a person. It's a true choice.
    ***************************************************************
    It's as much a choice as you choosing your hair color. Don't believe me? Do you choose to be attracted to your DH every day? Is it a struggle to make that choice every day, or is it "there"? Do you choose to love him? Is it a struggle to make that choice every day, or is it just there? It's so easy to point fingers and say "you chose that" when you want to condemn someone.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:09 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Facts never really matter all that much with fanatics .

True, and anon this kind of thinking doesn't have much love does it? where is the love for his fellow men in this pastor?

Answer by older at 7:13 AM on May. 22, 2012

You are full of it! brainwashed by misinformation and mislead by the unknown.

Answer by older at 7:14 AM on May. 22, 2012