Was it about 20 something when you started to reaslize what everybody did to help you in any way they could?

When you are young you don't realize how many people actually helped in matters FOR YOU /... Isn"t it about 20 something when you realized how thankful you were that so many different people did do THINGS for you. (Like the ride to school and the pet you could't resist, ice cream when the car stopped and someone just paid for you?? Putting up with you when you were a teen and know everything..) Isn't this the age for how thankful you became for all the little things that helped make your life move onward??

Sunny220

Asked by Sunny220 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Sort of...it was mostly when I moved out and was on my own, doing things for myself. That's when I became grateful for my parents LOL!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I was pretty much thankful for everything except from 14-17 about 18 or 19 I started to get the point.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 9:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• honestly it was when i was around 18... i did alot of messed up stuff as a kid and always felt like everyone was against me but in reality they were doing nothing but trying to help me.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes thats what I thought? Some parents just take off and leave you at the orphanage or don't care and just disappear because the system isn't their bag. Or when a split-up happens , such as in a separation/divorce ///One just takes off and does their own thing for umpteen years because they get worn down by the fighting, courts, disappointment and or constant battering of the other (be it Mom or Dad) and how it may leave a negative effect of what marriage really is according to the Bible on the children/ stepchildren/ others involved somehow... But thats life for some people I guess.. And others just complain, complain, complain about it all. Thank God their are some hanger-in- there's. Even if it is Step-parents. LOL.
    Sunny220

Answer by Sunny220 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Sort of. I'm definitely thankful for a lot of the things my parents did for me when I was a kid.

Other things I now know they did out of their own selfishness. Just depends on the situation.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2009