How would you handle this situation?

I work in a chicken plant and out of the corner of my eye today I saw a guy holding a leg quarter in the general vicinity of his privates and shaking it (that time it was not directed at me) I laughed, rolled my eyes and shook my head. A second guy had another guy get my attention and repeated the obscenity.(that time it was directed at me) Again I laughed shook my head and rolled my eyes. I know that all women are not like me and would probably have gotten them for sexual harassment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I would have laughed it off just like you did!! some women are not happy unless they can whine and bitch about somthing!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• if it was innocent than who cares... atleast u laughed during work lol... if they take it to far than its an issue... men will be men... they will seriously make any object they can grab into something sexual... seriously lol.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• That is disgusting. Report them.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 9:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would have done exactly what you did. I don't see it as a problem until they actually try to physically come at you.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 9:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would have laughed too, certain jobs that are the same day in day out have high sexual tension, these guys are just trying to get through their boring ass day!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Unless they touch me or threaten me, I would let it go.
    Anonymous

• I'm not eating leg quarters anymore! LOL...The guy probably copied the first to show off... I wouldn't take it personal..as sexual harrassment
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 9:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Depends on how well and how much I liked the guy. If I thought he was an asshole and had had problems with him before I would have reported it. But work with guys that say and do things all the time that could be considered sexual harrassment but it doesn't bother me.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i agree with prettyrayray i would let it go until they took it too far.
    mama_nita09

Answer by mama_nita09 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would have laughed. I was working 3rd shift at a retailer and we had cable television in our break room. The guys were used to being on their own on the shift and they started to watch Real Sex on HBO. Well, one of the older guys noticed me and looked at me in shock...with my mouth full of nachos (as Taco Bell was the only restaurant opened that late) I said, "What...I already saw this one..." They all cracked up laughing.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2009